From then to now with Rationel
As a result of being VELFAC Approved Installers, in 2002 we were pursued by Rationel to become Approved Installers of their windows & doors.
In that year we installed our first Rationel windows at Bath University for the then HBG (now BAM).
And once again, the rest is history as they say!
In 2004, we became involved in an urban regeneration scheme in Birmingham named Park Central with Crest Nicholson. Over a period of 3 years and a number of phases we installed over 32,000m² of Rationel windows on the scheme.
This is our largest project to date.
Since 2002, we have installed over 100,000m² of Rationel windows on over 100 projects. We estimate the value of the windows we have taken responsibility for and successfully installed to be over £20 million.
We work for all the major construction companies in the UK plus the smaller ones and everyone in between.
We offer a full & comprehensive service backed up with extensive experience & knowledge including:
- Detailed quotations
- Marked-up Window Schedules showing where we have allowed for the various elements in our quotations
- Comprehensive project specific RAMS
- Fully supervised off-loading of window deliveries
- Safe site distribution of windows
- All necessary fixings, packers & sealants
- Window protection externally with a film & low tack tape
- Window protection internally with a translucent twin wall polypropylene sheet which is flame retardant to LPS 1207 LPCB regulations
- Full time on site supervision
- Regular site visits by our Contracts Managers
- Management of the co-ordination required between Dantaag, the Main Contractor and Rationel by our Contracts Managers
- Glazing robots
- Mini-spider cranes with MRT4 or similar hydraulic lifting equipment
- Forklifts for off-loading and distribution with a qualified driver
- MEWP’s with a qualified operator for aerial access
We pride ourselves on identifying all the elements of work that naturally fall into the window installation package, quantifying and costing them before going into contract as in our experience the last thing a Main Contractor wants is their Approved Installer coming to them for variations from day two as that can be very time consuming and difficult to explain to the Commercial Director.
If you employ us to install your Rationel windows, we give you our commitment to complete the identified works to a very high standard, on time and for Contract Sum.